Greensboro National News
Greensboro National News
330 Niblick Drive
Summerfield, NC 27358
September proved to be a great month of transition into the fall golf season here at Greensboro National!
- Per usual we cannot commend our Greens Keeper Vicente and his maintenance crew enough for the superb shape and playability of the golf course.
- With the Aerification process finishing September 5th the Bent grass greens have returned to their true form producing an outstanding putting surface for our golfers.
- With the sodding of the 15th fairway healing very nicely it’s safe to say the golf course is in excellent shape for the fall season and the Greensboro National Fall Classic November 10th-12th.
- We’d like to extend a thank you towards United Way as they chose National to host their outing on September 16th that led to a successful day of golf and charity fundraising. We absolutely jump at the opportunity to host outings like this and assist these positive programs raise funds for great causes.
September wasn’t only positive for the golf course but for one of our Greensboro National Natives as well; Olivia Johns of Rockingham High School shot a 30 to tie the North Carolina State Record for a 9-hole girls conference match! She has committed to Western Carolina University, congratulations Olivia, keep up the good work!
Additionally the new construction spec home on the 14th
green is in the final stages of the project and will be part of the Fall Parade of Homes October 14th
. It was a fascinating build to see take place at our course and we look forwards to new neighbors.
The First Tee of the Triad will be with us every Tuesday through October 24th
and we will continue to offer members of the First Tee program a free bucket of range balls every Friday 4:00-6:00.
- October we will serve as host to several more golf outings;
- Famous Hoppers Singing Group outing set for October 3rd.
- The Yadkin Senior Golf Association October 9th,
- and another chapter from United Way of 140+ players on October 22nd.
If you or anyone you know is looking for a fun way to gather a group together for an outing give us a shout!
Rick Murphy and crew remain an integral part of growing the game with their lessons offered for anybody looking to improve their game from youngsters to retirees, visit their website at www.rickmurphygolf.com for more.
Reminder to mark your calendars for October 6th
we will be having live music in the Bar and grill with specials on dinners and drinks beginning at 7:00 PM with Greensboro Nationals’ very own Gerald Summerlin on the guitar! Also, swing by the Proshop to check out our new Fall golf apparel and gear with new shipments en route from Under Armor, Bermuda Sands, Antigua, and the Weather Company to name just a few!
Lastly, do not forget the Greensboro National Fall Classic Golf Tournament November 10th
it is always a blast and we love to see new faces join up so tell your golfing buddies!
Thank you all for being a part of Greensboro National News- September issue.